Sunday, August 23, 2009

Musical Inspiration

One day at work, I decided to see if I could nail down some song choices to play at the reception. This is a somewhat difficult task considering the fact that Joe and I have more than a decade between us. Let's just say our musical tastes are not what brought us together. Even so, they are not that far off from each other, but I wanted to make sure we include some pieces from both of our eras, if you will.

So, I stumbled across this website, which basically allows you to search for top 100 wedding songs from each year beginning way back. It was quite humorous to scroll through the 80's, for example, and see how many songs I knew and might even be able to sing along to. It got more and more difficult as the years went backwards, but it was interesting nonetheless to see what the top wedding song of each year was.

I was able to find some good ideas from that, but clearly we have more work to do. Although Joe has been involved in the planning, I don't think he's going to be much help in suggesting songs. But we'll see.

Here are the ideas I have thus far:
  • I Got a feeling – Black Eyed Peas (fun, dancey entrance of whole bridal party to reception)
  • Yellow – Coldplay (cake cutting or something…love song with rock vibes, but it’s called YELLOW!!)
  • Just Dance – Lady GaGa (first song of dancing period…will really get things going)
  • White Wedding – Billy Idol (this was Mac’s suggestion)
  • Faith - George Michael (I have to!!!!)
Thinking about the music gets me excited again! Almost down to the 7 months-to-go mark!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...