Thursday, July 5, 2012

Getting Back on Track


I haven’t shared much about my recent return to the fit side of things (who am I kidding, I haven’t shared much about anything these days!), so I thought I would give y’all a little update.

Basically, I’m on active duty with the military for four months (June through September), so it’s really the perfect time for me to get back in shape.  I’ve really let myself go ever since having Nash, and I feel terrible about it.  I feel bad about myself, I have no energy, and I look like hell.  On top of it, I’m going to be 30 in October and I really don’t want to enter a new decade fat and miserable. I say “fat” lightly because I’m really not fat…merely out of shape.  Skinny fat, if you will.   Ok, don't judge...


So, what did I do?  I signed up for virtual personal training with my friend Kyra over at The Get in Shape Girl.  It’s $30 a month and she sends you a tailored meal plan, a workout plan that fits into your schedule (I’m lucky I get to work out 5 days a week before work), and all kinds of support.  She has this awesome website where she lays out all these workouts and sample meals…and she even started a Facebook group to keep everyone motivated, informed, and accountable.  On top of all that, I have to send her progress pics each month, a weekly review of my workouts and eating, and we do weekly conference calls.  With that kind of accountability, I don’t see how I won’t get results.

Starting Point – 24 June
Weight: 141.8 (I think)
BMI: 23.6 (upper part of normal)
Body Fat: 23.8% (per my scale)
Chest: 34 in
Waist: 29 in
Hips: 39.25 in

So, I’m technically on week one of her plan…I got all the info on Wednesday of last week, so up until that point I’d been doing my own workouts and just trying to eat healthy.  I log all my meals on My Fitness Pal, so I can tell when I’m eating a bunch of junk or missing certain macros.  This morning I did one of her leg circuit workouts and I was dripping…I mean, dripping…sweat.  I can run…I run a lot…but this made me feel really out of shape.

Funny thing is, just 3 weeks or so into working out regularly and tracking my meals, I’m already seeing progress.  My abs have reappeared, my muscles are peeking through, and I’m sleeping better.  I’m super excited about the changes I’ll see in the coming months…and it’s keeping me super motivated.

My only issue so far has been the eating.  I’m supposed to eat 5 meals of protein and green veggies and I’m struggling getting the last meal in…the green veggies in particular.  I can muscle down some protein later in the evening, but I haven’t been able to throw back some broccoli or anything like that.  I just can’t seem to stomach it.  I’m doing a little research though trying to find new ways to get that meal in since I need those calories.  

Five Meals of Protein-y Green Goodness
Throughout my journey, I’ll be posting pics and updating my stats.  I welcome any and all advice, comments, ideas…

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...