Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Month 1 Check In


Ok, it's been just about a month since I started my fitness journey and I'm noticing some changes already.  Although I haven't lost as much weight as I'd hoped (largely due to a lot of traveling and too much indulging), I'm seeing my muscles again, feeling stronger, and loving the energy I'm getting from eating right.

The biggest challenge thus far is the eating, but I'm make some changes to better work it into my crazy schedule.  I worry a bit about the upcoming month because we are going on a 10-day family vacation up north which always involves a lot of eating (good Italian food and lots of desserts from Joe's side and tons of fresh, homemade food from my dad).  Plus, when/where am I going to work out?!  I'm going to do my best to fit it all in, and am even planning to run with my dad once I get to NH, but I just know I won't be able to strength train as much as I'd like.  It bums me out a bit because I know my time here is limited and I want to make the most of it because who knows where I'll be after September 30th.

The best part so far?  How much food I get to eat!  I eat every three hours...and not just a little snack, but a plate of meat and veggies or eggs or oatmeal, etc...  Sometimes I have to force myself to eat, but it's really helped cut down my cravings a lot.  I'm struggling at home mostly because Joe will sit on the couch and nosh on sweets after lunch AND dinner almost every day.  And since he doesn't cook and I work all day, I'm not always in the mood to cook, which means we go out to eat too much.  But I've been pretty good about watching my portions and ordering healthy items like lean steak and broccoli. 

Checkin' In on Those Guns

Well, that's about it...I can't wait until I'm done with another month so I can see the results!  Now if only I could find a good yoga place here...my muscles are tight!

2 comments:

  1. You look amazing Theresa. I'll help you with the travel menu and workouts on the road. Also, look for a Shiva Rea yoga DVD to buy on Amazon. hers are the best supposedly. Ive never done a DVD but she inspires my favorite teacher's practices sometimes, and those are usually some of the best classes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you ar elooking great!!! good job!!! keep it up!!! seriously, I would not think you had a baby just 20 months ago!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...