Sunday, November 8, 2009

Dresses

Yesterday was a craaaaaazy day! I went to the NYC to pick up the dress, but not without a few hiccups along the way.

First, I had googled how to get to the Baltimore Park N Ride place where I was going to catch the bus. Google maps sent me out into the middle of nowhere and of course, because there was construction on the Baltimore Harbor Tunnel, I was late. I was driving around in frantic circles calling Mandy and Joe trying to figure out where this damn place was. Finally I found it at like 1030. My bus left at 1010. Soooo, I asked the attendant if there was a way for me to get on the next bus which was coming at 1040 and thankfully he said yes.


My ride. Image from National Geographic blogs.



After a 3.5 hour bus ride, I was starving, thirsty, and eager. I found a quick slice of pizza and some water before heading to the boutique. When I got there, they said I needed an appointment to pick up the dress. I explained that I had called twice that week to set it up, no one ever asked me to make an appointment or even asked what time I was coming on Saturday, and to top it off the first girl I spoke with had said she would call me back in 5 minutes and never did. So, they had to get someone to take it out of storage for me and steam it a little. Well, this took like 40 minutes and I really had to go in order to catch my bus back to DC. So I asked her to just wrap it up and they did. I ran six or seven blocks in NYC with this damn dress just to make the bus. Again, starving on this damn 3.5 hour bus ride. Finally I got back to Baltimore and got some food at Panera before beginning the 40 minute drive back to Mandy's.


Image from Project Wedding.


Well, there was a horrible accident on 95 on my way. I was at a dead stop in traffic for a good 30 minutes while they cleaned things up. Seems a semi and a minivan decided to get a little too close to one another. So, all in all, I didn't get home until after 9 and I was exhausted. Still had enough energy to try on the dress though! It's so perfect...might need a little altering on the bust unless I get a big corset or something.

Also, I asked the girls which ones had their dresses. Here are the results:
Lea: Good to go
Kristi: Good to go
Mindy: Going over Thanksgiving/Christmas
Carolyn: Going Wednesday, dress is picked out
Kimberly: Haven't heard


Lea. Image from David's Bridal.



Kristi. Image from David's Bridal.



Carolyn. Image from David's Bridal.


Also, I know Alysa has her dress, but I don't think they've picked out a dress for Nico yet, but there's still time. It's all coming together!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...