Thursday, July 9, 2009

Slow Season

So, as the summer winds down and we near the 8 months out mark, I am kind of at a standstill with things to do to prepare for this wedding. I had heard before that there is a sort of reverse bell curve for wedding planning...busy in the beginning and the end and slow in the middle. And I'm definitely noticing that trend. My calendars, budgets, checklists are all pretty sparse right now, until about February of next year.

I am looking to book my hotel room for the night before the wedding. I think it's totally romantic to not spend the night before together. Plus I'd like a place for me and the girls to hang out, get ready, etc... I'm going to book a nice room at the Crowne Plaza, so that should be great.

I'm also looking to book the appointments for our hair and makeup at Essentials, but I need to find out who wants to get what done. Joe told me today that our friend April is going to school to learn how to do makeup, so she said something about doing my makeup. This would be great because she is already good at doing makeup, I think...plus salons always make you look weird.

Still pining over the music selection, and wishing I could see my dress. I miss it. Part of me thinks they should send it to FL sooner than I had planned, but I don't want it to get damaged. I need to find out if one of the local bridal shops will store it for me and do the alterations, even though I didn't buy it from them. I'll email them right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...