Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Feeling Good

Today I worked out.  Like, really worked out.  Lately all I have been doing is going for walks or doing a few quick exercises around the house...haven't stepped foot in the gym in at least two weeks.  But this morning I headed over there to give it a shot, and I am sure glad I did.

I had forgotten how good it felt to work out.  I did a 30 minute S-L-O-W elliptical session, then did 3 sets each of these exercises:

10 lunges each side (body weight)
10 bicep curls (7.5 lbs on each side)
10 shoulder presses (7.5 lbs on each side)
10 standing abductors each side (body weight)
10 standing kickbacks each side (body weight)
10 tricep dips (body weight)
10 bent over rows (7.5)
10 inclined bench press (12 lb dumbbells)
10 sumo squats (1 12 lb dumbbell)
15 calf raises (body weight)

It's a lot less weight than I'm used to, but it kept my heart rate down.  I did have to take more breaks than normal too, but it was worth it.  Just know I will be sore tomorrow.  Still not sure what ab exercises are ok...everything except a side bend feels a little uncomfortable.  Will have to research that some more.

1 comment:

  1. I have had a couple of preggo clients and i had them do a few sets of 15 rep, crunches on the stability ball. just very small crunches.. every little bit counts when you go into labor. dont forget you can do exercises like chest press, chest flys, lat pull overs, skull crushers and even bridges with your head neck & shoulders supported by a stability ball. that will help core strength too.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...