Thursday, October 14, 2010

Lots of Updates

Today has been an eventful day.  Joe and I got up super early to run a bunch of errands and barely had time to stop.

First stop was Patrick Air Force Base clinic to get my 28-week labs done.  I had to redo the blood test as well as do the glucose tolerance test to check for diabetes.

I was smart and had eggs and (sprouted grain) toast for breakfast and approached the test like, meh, no big deal.  Once I got there they handed me the drink and I was like, no sweat.


I was barely half way done with the drink when the lady told me I only had one minute of my five minute limit left.  I was like, oh crap!  So I began to chug it.  By the time I finished it, I was so nauseous.  It was awful.  Then I had to sit there for an hour before they could draw my blood.  Let me tell you, I never expected to feel as bad as I did.  I was dizzy, light-headed, had a terrible headache.  I felt like absolute crap.  Then we had to head on over to the clinic to get flu shots.  Joe was thrilled since he hasn't had a shot in 20 years and has never gotten the flu shot.  I told him he was lucky he didn't get the mist...yuck!

Then we went over to the Tricare office to get information about picking a pediatrician and also to register for the infact CPR and childcare classes they offer.  Everything went pretty smoothly so we just have to wait until the baby is born and we get him into DEERS and they will pick a pediatrician for him.  Our last stop at Patrick was to pick up a refill on my prenatal vitamins.

Then we hit up Home Depot to get the flow control valve we needed for our rust removal system and to check out pocket door kits.  We sooo need to put a door up to keep the cats in!

Finally, we headed over to Angel's new studio in downtown Eau Gallie to pick up our wedding stuff!!  Our albums came out amazing!  We even got an extra copy because the color is a little off (it does look a little pink), so we are trying to think of things to do with it.  We also talked about our upcoming maternity and newborn sessions, and I can tell Joe got really excited after seeing some example pictures and canvas prints.  I think for both of them we are just going to get regular 4x6 prints of all the shots we like and then get one large black and white canvas to hang next to each other in the baby's room.  It's going to be beautiful!

Tonight in the mail I got the Bravado nursing bra tank I ordered from Target.


If you remember, I had ordered a bunch of nursing bras a while back and only one of them actually fit.  So I returned all but the one and reordered the tank in the right size so I'll have at least one bra and one tank.  If I find others I like, I'll check them out but at least I'm ready with the bare necessities.  I am looking to pack my hospital bag in about two weeks (they say 32 weeks is a pretty good time), so I'm putting everything together.  Still need to find a gown to wear...I know they sell these cute disposable gowns that have a low back (for the epidural) and little ties in the front (for the monitors), but they are like $30 and I think I can find something better.

Petal Pushers

I can find a gown somewhere and  then cut and sew it into exactly what I need it to be.  Or maybe I can find something on Etsy for cheaper. 

 We have a hectic couple of weeks coming up with Dave's visit, the baby shower, doctor's appointments, our birthdays, halloween, maternity photo shoot, drill, Orlando trip, etc...  But it's exciting because we are getting closer and it's my favorite time of year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...