Tuesday, September 4, 2012

On the Verge of Big Boydom


{Sorry for the grainy photos...these are courtesy of my phone}

Last night was a rough night on all fronts.  We arrived back home late from a weekend trip down in Melbourne and made a mad dash to knock out a quick bath before bedtime.  About a week ago, Nash began crawling out of his crib on the regular, so we were worried he'd slip and fall one time while he was trying to get out.  So, we made the decision to convert his crib into a toddler bed.

While the actual conversion was a piece of cake, getting Nash to stay in his bed was not so simple.  Although he was super stoked about his "big boy bed," he wasn't so thrilled when Mama tucked him in and the made a move towards the door.  He wanted me to sit next to him while he laid in his bed.  Which normally wouldn't bother me except I had a lot of unpacking and work prep to do before an early morning.  And he was overtired, so he kept fidgeting.

I tried a few times to just shut the door and let him complain, but he


What we weren't expecting was how significant an event it is.  I knew going it that it would be tough for all of us - Nash has to get used to staying in bed now that he has the freedom to roam around and we have to get used to our little man growing up.

All this has come right when we're dabbling with potty training (I use the word "dabbling" verrrry loosely here) and he's talking more, eating by himself, learning to swim and hitting any one of a dozen other toddler milestones.  It's all so much I just want to throw my arms around him and say, "Stop! I'm not ready!"  Truth is, I'm excited about him growing up, but I also can't believe it's happening so quickly.  We went over to a friend's house for some drinks a few days ago, and our friend April says, "I swear you were just pregnant."  I was like, seriously...


I can't wait until this job comes to a close so I'll have more time to spend with him and Joe.   I know these next few months are going to be crazy as Nash speeds towards his 2nd birthday, and I hope I can remember to slow down and take it all in.  After all, these are the last three months that he'll ever be 1.    And I'm 100% sure we'll be making these faces on the regular.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...