Thursday, June 10, 2010

Maternity Wear

Since I am a strict planner, I am already scouting out some maternity wear.  Although I am clinging to the hope that I will be one of those people who doesn't really even need maternity clothes until month 8 or something, I am a tad more realistic, so thought I would begin looking for deals.

I've already discovered how expensive it all can be, especially when you won't even be able to wear it for very long.  Sites like A Pea in the Pod and Isabella Oliver are favorites of the celebrities that we all dream we will look like, but a shirt costs $90 and a pair of jeans can set you back $200.  While I am all about being fashionable, I also know I don't want to be foolish.

 Photo from Amazon

Thankfully, I bought and devoured this great book called Bump It Up by Amy Tara Koch.
  It has tons of great tips on how to buy basics and build sweet outfits using cheaper, but still trendy accessories.  She emphasizes wearing a basic black wardrobe with splashes of color, which totally works for me.  So I am on the lookout for maternity leggings, long back tanks and tees, a basic black dress, etc...  And then I can use all my old accessories, little jackets, and shoes to jazz it all up.

I am, however, disappointed in the selection of maternity wear here in Melbourne.  I went to the mall to check out Gap, but they have no maternity clothes in this store.  Neither does Old Navy and even Target's selection is pretty poor.  Looks like I'll have to head to Orlando.

 Photo from akinoluna on blogspot

Not to mention that I can not find a place to order maternity Army ACU's online...apparently very few places have them.  Thankfully, Patrick Air Force Base said they have some sizes and can order all the others, so I am set.  I may need to get them for next drill since I imagine my pants may be too tight by then.

1 comment:

  1. i see myself non-stop wearing empire waist dresses! there's got to be so many cute cotton dresses you could get away with. you are so lucky that you only have to wear summer and warm weather clothes, you may never have to wear pants. my old roomate only owned 2 or 3 pairs of pregnancy pants because she needed them for work. she was tiny like you too. scour victoriassecret.com because they have so much cotton stuff. and your boobs are gonna look awesomeeeeeeeeeeeeee hehehehe

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...