Tuesday, June 1, 2010

25% there

I am currently at about 10.5 weeks so I think it's safe to say I've rounded first.  Nothing too exciting going on in the last week, but still excited to be here!

I still don't have much of anything showing, which is kind of a relief.  I really shouldn't look at pictures of celebrity preggers because then I feel bad about my own human body.  I mean, Gisele can't be human, right?  I recently read a caption in a magazine that said she never wore maternity clothes.  Freakish, I tell you.

I have been trying to eat better these last two weeks and I think I'm doing a pretty good job.  I still indulge in a few things, but I am not trying to go overboard on everything.  It helps that I feel like my old self again.  I have pretty much all my energy back and I'm not feeling much of any nausea at all, so I can eat healthy and move around.  I went to the gym three days last week and I plan to keep that same pace this week.  Doing some low impact cardio and some light weight training, just to keep everything where it needs to be.

I am trying to cut back on the juice drinking too, since I was a md woman for a while.  I just bought these little cans of V8 VFusion juices because at least they have some vegetables in them too.  And it turns out, they are actually tasty (I DESPISE tomato juice).

Still looking for a job, but heard from Dana that Cox Events Group is looking for someone to replace a person that left last week, so I am hoping hoping hoping something will come out of that.  But I don't want to get my hopes up either.  I just need a job, seriously.  I feel like such a loser.

Finally, in the most exciting news...we have our first ultrasound this week!  Yayyyy!!!  It's Thursday at 10:30 and I can't wait.  Just need to make sure I can hear that little heartbeat.  Have to admit I feel a little nervous since I don't really feel all that pregnant right now...and it seemed kind of sudden.  But I did read that your hormone levels drop after the 9th week, so it makes sense.  I'm probably just being overly paranoid, but I think all new moms feel that way sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...