Monday, May 24, 2010

9 weeks and then some

Home alone tonight, as Joe is working Mondays now too (boo!).  Felt a lot better today than I have felt in a while.  I actually had energy!  This morning I did 45 minutes on the elliptical and I didn't take a nap at all!  That's like the old me.  I would love to work out every day this week, so keep your fingers crossed for me!

We've had a pretty busy week, let me tell you! 
Last Wednesday, we had our first OB appointment.  It was kind of a hectic day because Joe was really busy and really shouldn't have taken time away from work to go all the way up to Merritt Island, but how the heck was I supposed to know a Wednesday afternoon wouldn't be good??  The appointment went well, although it was a bit uneventful.  I gave a pee sample (assumingly to test for elevated sugars, proteins, etc...) and we talked to the nurse practitioner.  That's it.  No ultrasound...we have to schedule that separately, and no exam needed since I had a pap back in September.  Mostly we just talked, nothing too informative.

The next day, we drove up to DC!  I had my graduation ceremony for Georgetown on Friday, so we decided to take a road trip.  We did the whole drive in one day and went to Guapo's with his parents (who drove down from Brigantine to see us) that night.  My dad flew in Friday morning and the three of us went to the ceremony.  I almost died!  It was so hot and I was wearing a black polyester tent!  Seriously thought I might suffer heatstroke and they'd have to cart me away on a gurney.  I had no idea it would last almost 3 hours!  Thankfully, I pulled through and we were able to get my dad to the airport on time for his flight.  We drove about 3 and half hours that night and stayed in a hotel in North Carolina before finishing the rest of the drive the next day.

So, we have our first ultrasound scheduled for Thursday the 3rd at 1030 am.  Pretty excited since we'll be 11 weeks by that point.  Pretty crazy how quickly everything is moving!  Thankfully all the websites keep saying it's totally time for my pants to feel snug because they sure as hell are!  The whole drive I had to keep my pants unbuttoned or else it felt really bad on my tummy.  I also got some new lotion that is supposed to help prevent stretchmarks, so pretty excited about that!  Now if I can just keep working out, I should be good!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...