Friday, May 7, 2010

Staying on Track

Today I decided to start tracking my food and exercise on Livestrong.com's the Daily Plate.  I used to do this all the time when I was in DC, and it truly is eye-opening.  All of a sudden you can see if you're eating too much fat or sodium or not getting enough protein.  You can compare the different meals you usually eat and see which ones are bad or good...and you can search for healthier options.  Their search bank is pretty impressive...there's rarely a time I cannot find what I'm eating.  And you can add in any exercise you do, and it will provide you with a total calories and a net calories reading.

I began by tracking everything I ate yesterday and then tracked everything I ate today.  Here are my totals for yesterday:



Daily Intake Totals (May 6th)
Cals      Fat      Cholesterol     Sodium     Carbs      Sugars     Fiber     Protein
1966     84       239                  2200         250         84            12          75

Your Recommended Daily Allowance based on a 2,000 calorie diet scaled to your calorie goal.
1787     58       268                  2144         268         36             22          45

Percent of your Rec'd Daily Allowance based on a 2,000 calorie diet scaled to your calorie goal
110       145     89                    103            93          235           54           168

Ugh!!  So I am waayyyyy over on my sugars and proteins!  Let's take a look at today:


Daily Intake Totals (May 7th)
Cals      Fat      Cholesterol     Sodium     Carbs      Sugars     Fiber     Protein
1560     42       131                  2168         219         68            14         99

Your Recommended Daily Allowance based on a 2,000 calorie diet scaled to your calorie goal.
1793     58       269                  2152         269         36             22          45

Percent of your Rec'd Daily Allowance based on a 2,000 calorie diet scaled to your calorie goal
87         72       49                    101            81          190           62          221


Yikes!!  So I am still way over on my sugars!!  Mostly because I drank a bunch of OJ and had watermelon and grapes, which both have a lot of sugar.  I am also going a lil overboard on the protein.  Wow, I have some work to do!

So, here's to a healthier life in preparation for our lil blueberry...

1 comment:

  1. cute. i remember when she was our blueberry. i got the weekly udpates from babycenter.com and it was about week 9 that she was the size of a blueberry. we thought it was the cutest thing. and i think i am going to start tracking myself like this too. god knows i need to. being pregnant lef tme with some nasty eating habits. and i have 11 of all the 50 pounds I gained left to remove from myself until im back to pre pregnancy weight. Wish me luck!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...