Monday, May 10, 2010

Feeling a heartbeat...huh?

So, I am lying in bed last night and I began to feel my heart beating.  Like hard.  I almost felt like I was having an anxiety attack because my heart was pounding and I couldn't stop focusing on it.  I was pretty freaked out, but thought maybe I just had a bad dream or something.

Then I got home from working at the Armory today and sat down in bed to relax a bit.  Right away I felt my damn heartbeat again...like hard!  I don't understand.  I can see my shirt moving every time it beats...and it's weirding me out.



After talking to Joe, he said, "Google it."  Man is a genius, I tell ya.  I found quite a few posts from people who say they've experienced the same thing, although not many that are only 7 weeks along, like me.  But I figured it's got to be ok, right?  Mothers out there, any thoughts??

Also, must post an update on the cravings/repulsions.  I cannot seem to get enough cheese, potato chips, and juice!!  It's all so weird, and of course they are all things that are sooooo bad for you.  Lots of excess calories.  I just drank a whole thing of ruby red grapefruit juice and feel like I could drink more.  ugh!!   And I can barely look at a picture of fish...which totally sucks because that was always my go to healthy food!  I  can't stand it...

Sorry the belly picture is so late...I'm stuck working in Orlando this weekend and don't have the camera cable!  Not much to report anyways.

1 comment:

  1. All normal. Pregnancy increases blood volume. By like something crazy....40-50%?? And as you get more preggo, your heart gets a little displaced by your diaphragm getting pushed up. Your seeing your apical pulse probably when you lie down. That is where the apex of your heart is. That gets turned slightly to the left too when your wicked preggo. Gots to make room for baby :-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...