Monday, June 14, 2010

Ultrasound!

We finally got our ultrasound and were able to hear the heartbeat!  Thank god.  There was only one baby too, which was nice to know.  Since Joe has twins in his family, I was a little nervous for a while.  The heartbeat was 160 beats per minute and the little muffin is only 6 cm big from crown to rump.  S/he was bouncing all around, so it was quite fun to watch.  We could see fingers, nose, feet, brain, heartbeat...it was incredible.  They also took some blood from my finger to do the test for Down's Syndrome and Trisomy risks.  Here is my favorite pic:
Sweet little thing! 


Now that we know the heartbeat, I wanted to check back in with the gender prediction myths and see where we stand.  If you remember, the Chinese Gender Chart suggests that it will be a boy.  This time I looked at the heart rate myth which says it will be a girl if the heart rate is above 140.  So there you go.  It's a tie!

I stumbled upon this interesting website where you can set up a Preg Pool.  You set up a pool where all your friends and family can guess the gender, the weight, and the birth date for whatever fee you set up.  And then you can decide how to split the money between the mother and the winner.  It seems pretty fun, especially if you were having a baby around March Madness time.  The only drawback, which kept me from setting it up, is that the minimum fee you can set is $10.  I think that's too much, but maybe that's just me.  I can't see anyone actually doing it for that much...I was going to make it $1 or $3 or something...not $10. 

This weekend we are going to Tampa for my niece's 6th birthday and picking up whatever baby stuff my sister still has.  We are both very excited about the nursery and even talked about pulling up the carpet and doing some hardwood.  So, lots to do in the next few months.

Finally, I have an interview tomorrow!  Space Coast Bride and Groom Magazine called today to ask me to come in tomorrow at 11 am, and I couldn't be more excited.  Even if they only have something part time, it would be great.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...