Monday, August 1, 2011

To Work or Not to Work

...that is the question that's been on my mind the last few weeks.  You see, I spent the first four months of Nash's existence at home with him...and I was MISERABLE.  I hadn't worked in a year (the job market is uber lame here), Nash wasn't sleeping at all, and I was so tired and bitter, I really needed a break.

That break came in the form of a job offer from a former co-worker who got a gig as the new Market Manager for our radio stations.  I knew I'd have a good time because she was a super cool chick and radio's always fun.  Well, let's just say things don't always work out.

Flash forward a few months and everything is different.  Nash sleeps GREAT now...taking two naps that are 1.5-2 hours long!  And he sleeps good at night too, so no more being exhausted.  He's so much fun, and I feel like I'm missing it all.  I'm so grateful that Joe gets to stay home with him most days, but I'm really jealous and feel like it's a mama's job.

To top it off, the girl I was working for just quit.  So now the VP of the WHOLE COMPANY is in town to be my boss for the next month.  I like him a lot, but he's intense.  And it's going to be a lot of work (he wants to change EVERYTHING).  And I was considering quitting before my friend left because it's just not that fun.  I don't like the work I'm doing, I barely see my little man, and I don't even get paid a lot.

 This? or This?

So I've written my "I Resign" letter, but I haven't sent it.  I haven't because I'm nervous about the confrontation.  I'm nervous about everyone thinking I'm quitting because it's too much work, or too hard (it's not).  And I'm nervous because I think Joe might want me to stay.  He's never come out and said, "You need to stay," but he seems a bit bothered by my severe dislike of my current situation.  At the same time, he likes the idea of saying $150 a week on childcare!

So what's a girl to do?


Top Baby, Daddy & Mommy Blogs on TopBabyBlogs.Com

3 comments:

  1. I can relate...but PLEASE STAY OH PRETTY PLEASE!!! I'm calling you tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think if you have the means to stay home and it works out for your situations then STAY HOME!!! I wish wish wish I could. I go back to work next week and I am so sad about. I love my job but I will miss my baby girl so much. I guess I should just be thankful that I get these long teacher breaks. Most jobs don't get any breaks at all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I say stay & see what its like working for the VP. you may like it more, find yourself feeling more needed there, and perhaps even get a raise! you wont know what its like til you try. you can always quit but you cant always get the job back.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...