Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Collecting Stuff

I thought I needed to do a post with all of the pcitures of "stuff" we have accumulated already.  We are in the process of redoing the nursery, but don't know the gender yet, so it's a bit slow.  We hope to find out in the next few weeks, so the planning (and shopping) can really begin!

So, my sister had a girl about 6 years ago and gave me a ton of stuff!  Most of it is sizes 3-6 years, so I can't use it yet.  What I think we are going to do is keep the stuff I know I want, then see if Joe's niece will wear any of the other stuff.  She is turning 3 this summer, so it should be just perfect for her.

Here's some of the stuff I kept from that pile (most of which is stuff I bought her for birthdays, x-mas, etc...)




LIttle dresses from the Gap.







Some thermals in cool prints









A cute little jacket from the Gap.









Purple puffy vest with Tinker Bell on the back










Whit cargo pants from Limited Too











Some more pants and cargo crops I got.








In addition, Mindy bought us some sweet helicopter stuff!  She's a BlackHawk pilot, so she's always wanted to give someone helicopter stuff and I was the lucky person!  It's so cute...from Target, I think.

It's a blanket on the left and a onesie on the right!


Finally, I just had to go out and buy something!  So I picked up a few newborn onesies in the only really gender-neutral design/color I could find.

They are striped, little stars. and turtles!  So tiny and cute!!

We also went shopping for paint, but haven't bought anything yet.  It was actually challenging to find baby-safe paints for not only the walls, but also the dressers and crib we are repainting.  Lowe's carries a line called Olympia, which is low VOC and all that.  The other stores had a line, but they were only available in very muted colors.  We were able to find some vibrant greens (shown as the elevated color cards):

                                    

We also found a brand of spray paint that is safe too!  We are going to use the spray paint for the furniture, since it will be so much easier than trying to paint it with brushes or rollers.  We just need to find out where to buy it...who has black and/or white.

1 comment:

  1. Olymia or Valspar carries No or Zero VOC. I used that for the house while I was pregnant since i had a serious case of nesting and wanted to repaint everything.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...