Sunday, September 5, 2010

Wall Mural

We are pretty close to wrapping up the nursery project.  Just a few more little tweaks and we are set!  Then we just need some diapers and a baby!  Pretty excited, I must say.  We spend a lot of time just sitting in the room, imagining what it's going to be like to have this little man.

Wanted to share some pics of one of the DIY projects I did for the nursery, although I have more I will add later.

Here are some shots of the wall mural I painted.

Basically, I bought some different sized rings and circles from Michael's, which I used to draw a mock up of the design onto some posterboard.  When I was satisfied with the design and the colors, I used the circles to draw the design on the wall.  Then I painstakingly painted the design onto the wall using basic acrylic craft paint.  The orange and gray took several coats, so I was there for awhile.  We hung some letters I painted for his name and presto!  We have a finished wall!  It all looks really good in the room.  Need to take some better pictures...during the day so we have some better lighting.

The other projects I've done, which I will show later, are some closet dividers, hand-painted drawer knobs, and a sweet paper mobile.  All of which go along with our circles/dots theme, so it's pretty cute.  Can't wait for the whole room to be done so we can take the final pictures and share with everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...