Monday, March 28, 2011

First Night Out/In


It’s intensely quiet here.  I wasn’t really expecting this…the sound of nothing.   Or at least only the sound of the traffic outside my window.  Hotel is nice…just waiting for summit to actually begin.  It’s awesome to have this right in my hotel, which is right by the metro, and close to shopping.  I was worried that I wouldn’t have anywhere to eat lunch, or that I would have to walk really far to the metro, but it looks like there is an underground tunnel that connects to the Metro and the Crystal City shops, so I am set.  Going to go exploring at lunch today.  Just need to make sure I have time to pump.
I had some wild dreams last night.  Admittedly, I woke up several times…not because I thought I heard the baby cry (like I’ve heard other new moms do), but rather because I am not used to a solid block of uninterrupted sleep.  I kept thinking I was going to be late, wait where am I, and geez what time is it?  Hopefully, tonight will be more blissful.
Tonight is dinner with friends…and likely a bit of shopping.   Hoping to find some cute little trinket(s) for Nash, as a consolation for me being gone for so long.  My dad used to bring us home unique little gifts whenever he went somewhere (which was often), so I hope to continue that tradition with my little family. 
Last night’s report was that Nash was sleeping well.  Of course, this was the report at 10 pm, so lord knows what happened after that.  In the past few weeks, he’s been at his worst from about 3 am on.  So here’s hoping!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...