Thursday, March 31, 2011

Wrapping Up This "Distance" Thing

Last night was the first night I truly slept well.  I woke up to the sound of my alarm and couldn't have been happier to not recall any wake ups the night before.  I was still tired as all get out, don't get me wrong, but at least I am headed in the right direction.

Thankfully, my boss here told me I could have the afternoon off, so I went back up to my room and took a much-needed nap.  I slept for 2.5 hours, but it was not the easiest sleep.  Again, at least I am feeling more rested.  Tonight I am hanging out in the lobby, cruising blogs, checking emails and facebook, and updating my own little bloggie blog.

Tomorrow I finally fly out of here...I've had so much time to just sit and think and re-evaluate, so I feel ready to head home.  I feel like I've gained a logically understanding of my emotional state over the last few months, and I'm ready to make the changes necessary to better myself, my family, and our home.
Hungry Baby!
Baby has been doing really well for everyone, although he is still waking up too much.  I am not sure why he suddenly went from sleeping from 8 pm - 7 am with only one wake up at like 3 am to waking up every 3-4 hours.  He also needs to be picked up every time.  We used to just give him a quick bottle, then maybe the binkie, and he would drift back to sleep.  Now he needs to be held.  We are currently working through strategies to eliminate the wakings and the need to be held, but I imagine it will be a long road.  He's always been a baby who needed to be held...lord knows I spent a month pretty much attached to him 24/7.  I was so grateful he was over it, but now it seems to have returned.

Also, we are approaching his 4-month mark!  In just a few short weeks, he will be heading back to the doctor.  I'm excited to see how much he's grown, check in with the doctor about his milestone development, and ask her some questions I have.  I am a bit nervous to admit to her that we have already been feeding him rice, but in my heart of hearts, I knew it was what was right for him. 

Am feeling the need for some dinner, so am going to take a walk, take some pics maybe, then head back up to my room.  Will write some more to be posted tomorrow (since the only internet in my room casts $13/day) and pass out early.

Home tomorrow!

Top Baby, Daddy & Mommy Blogs on TopBabyBlogs.Com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...