Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Easter 2012

As this was Nash's first Easter that he really remembered/took part in, Joe and I wanted to make sure we pulled out all the stops.  So in the weeks prior, we stocked up on eggs, colored grass, and small trinkets.  We scoured our friend base for insider tips on the best egg hunt in town.  And we cleared our schedules for a weekend of pastel cuteness.

Our first big event was easter egg dyeing.  I knew from friends that this is complicated with a toddler, but I really wanted to attempt it.  My husband is much less fond of letting the baby make big messes, whereas I'm always handing him sticky candy or letting him eat rice on his own, so I knew he'd be a little on edge.  We busted out the dyes, strapped the kid in the chair, and went for it.

Blue fingers and smashed, but pretty, eggs later, we think it was a success!  Nash was not happy when we ran out of eggs though...must remember to make more next year.


On Saturday, we met our friends Chad and Kristina and their little boy, Bradley, over at their church for an Easter egg hunt. There was swarms of kiddos, 8000 plastic eggs just waiting to be nabbed, and tons of photo ops.

Trust me when I tell you these are but a fraction of the photos I took.



Nash really didn't care much about putting the eggs in the basket.  He would just grab them, rip them open, shove them in his mouth, then move on to the next one.  Apparently we should have practiced the whole basket thing.



A doggie and some little chickies just made his day.



Nevermind my crazy hair in the photo above...that was the best pic out of the ten Joe took.  Either the kid was squirming or my hair was literally blown into my face.  But at least the pic of them looks good!

Easter morning began late since Joe had to work the night before and needed to catch up on sleep.  Mama whipped up some carrot cake waffles and cracked open the easter eggs and we waited for the snoring to subside (just kidding, Joe Joe).


Grandmom and Grandpop got him a beach toy set!  Perfect timing because, like I mentioned yesterday, we hit up the beach later that day!


It didn't take long for Nash to bust into the caramel eggs...although he was nice enough to share a teensy bite with Daddy (who decided candy is not good before 10 am).  Along with the sand tools, Nash also got a stuffie, a sweet Hot Wheels car, a little train, some stickers, and some colors/shapes flash cards.




My sweet little bunny and his Mama!


It was so nice to spend time with my little family and begin those family traditions that will stick with us for years to come.  Who knows, maybe we'll make it a tradition to go to the beach every year.  And candy before 10 am is a must!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...