Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Fitness Update: 6.5 Weeks Left

I'm on my second day back from a nearly two-week vacation and definitely feeling the pain of not working out at all. Don't get me wrong, we were super active, but there was no running or strength training and TONS of eating involved. I may or may not have eaten my weight in fresh Vermont cheese, so I know I've got some work to do to get back into it.

That being said, I feel strong. I did my strength training and HIIT session yesterday and am feeling the pain in my chest and back today. This morning I ran juuuust shy of a 5k and think I ran my fastest pace in over a year. Check out this comparison of just two months ago when I started here...my pace has improved by over a minute!


Overall, I'm aiming to run a 5k at a 9:00 pace by the time I leave this job on September 30th.  I think the sprints I've been running are helping immensely, so I think that goal is totally doable.

I am all registered and lodged for the Wine and Dine Half Marathon in November, so that's my next big goal. I'm hoping to get any time faster than the last one, hahaha! I'm not running with my super freak fitness friends, so I'm a bit nervous that I won't push myself as hard as they pushed me during the Princess. But I think if I keep that in my head and I train more than I did (which was almost nothing), then I should be ok.

I came across this old picture of myself from back in February before the Princess, but right around the time I started to really focus on getting back into shape and getting stronger. It's pretty awesome to see the difference a few months makes...even though the scale hasn't changed that much. Overall I think I've lost about 7 pounds since February, but I feel like the change is more significant than that.

I think my biggest challenge has been eating. It's tough to balance wanting to experience things with my family with eating right. I've been on point during the week when I work, but I just can't bring myself to order grilled chicken or fish at my favorite mexican restaurant or abstain from the chips and salsa. I just need to make sure the indulging is the exception, not the norm, and I think I'll reach my goals.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...