Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Vacation Part Two - Home in New Hampshire




No, I'm not really from New Hampshire, but it sure does feel nice to visit.  My whole family on my dad's side lives there, so it makes it a nice one-stop shop to see everyone.    It's incredibly beautiful there, and I always begin to question my love of suburban/urban life after spending a few days there in the summer.  We went once in the winter...never again.





My dad's house is surrounded by this amazing nature.  Woods, lakes, paths, animals, berries.  So much to see and experience, and we were super excited for Nash to take it all in now that he's finally old enough to really appreciate it.  We took walks, picked berries from my dad's bushes and made it a habit to spend as much time outside as possible.

Fresh Blueberry Milk!


My dad is renovating this old house in the next town over from where he and his family lives right now. Let me tell you, when we saw the house for the first time last year, I was like, whoa. I couldn't really understand why my dad had bought a house that needed so much work. Like it needed everything...


And after one year, he says he still has quite a bit of work left to do. But things are coming along...and I can tell he's really enjoying the process of redoing this place. And I can't wait to see it when it's done.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...