Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Fitness: Month Two Check In

Well, it's officially been 60 days since I began my training with the Get in Shape Girl, so it's time for an update.
Starting Weight: 141.8 (ish)
Current Weight: 140.2 (ish)

Sad to say I haven't lost much weight.  But I do feel like I'm seeing changes, albeit subtle.  And I have to admit this month I haven't been that focused as I spent almost two weeks away on vacation where I was definitely not following my meal plan.  But as soon as I came back and started up again, I noticed a quick turn around.  I think at my lowest point I weighed in just over 138 lbs, so I'm fluctuating a bit.


I am noticing an improvement in my pushups, my runs are getting faster, and this week was the first time I was able to hold my planks for the full time for all three sets!  I'm really enjoying the diversity of the workouts, although I wish I had other options for my HIIT.  Unfortunately, I have a very "spartan" gym set up at work, so we don't really have any cardio equipment at all.  So all my HIITs have been sprints.  I tried doing mountain climbers, burpees, etc... for the intervals, but I couldn't keep going for the entire 60 seconds, so I've got to improve a bit before I can try those again.

Tell you what, my upper body is looking sick.  And my booty is looking better too...I notice I've got more of a curve from my lower back to my booty (I should have taken a side pic so you could see).  The lovies are still there, but they've always been my problem area.

One bummer is that I just found out my PT test isn't until February.  I was really hoping it was in November so I could knock it out before the holidays while I'm still in the zone.  I guess this just needs to motivate me to keep up with my workouts and my eating through the holidays so I can get the high score I've been aiming for.  I'll keep you posted!

Missed an update?

3 comments:

  1. ok so seriously!!!! I see NO love handles!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed, no love handles! You fantastic!! Good work lady! This is going to help motivate me to get my @ss in shape post partum. I read today that immediate post baby body is equivalent to month 8 prego body! I'm only at month 7 and that's depressing!! So getting fit it is ugggg lol. More power to you lady!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks ladies!! It's so hard to look at yourself, you know? It's so easy to see things that need fixing that no one else sees!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...