Sunday, January 2, 2011

New Year, New Me

I love new beginnings...I used to get all jazzed up when the fall came because it was the start of a new school year and a chance to change things that just didn't seem right.  It was an opportunity to become a better person, focus your goals for the year, and reflect on what's most important to you in the coming year.

Well since I am no longer in school I have started to really treat New Years as it should be...the real time to start over.  Ever since I can remember, I have made New Years Resolutions.  I know some people think they are a waste...just hopefully goals that never get achieved and get swept under the rug, but I still do them.  I love to look back on my resolutions and see which ones I accomplished and which ones were just out of reach (automatic for next year!).  So, in the spirit of the new year...here is my (working) list for this year:


  • Get down to 125 lbs 
    • Work out at least 3 times a week unless sick or on vacation
    • Track diet with livestrong
    • Sign up for yoga and pilates
  • Complete a half marathon
  • Save $5,000
  • Maintain blog and increase network
  • Make money with sewing/craft projects
  • Get promoted to CPT
  • Earn at least a 270 on PT test
  • Drink at least 64 ounces of water a day
  • Join a "mom" network in Melbourne
  • Find a job
  • Be the best wife and mother I can be (not really sure how to make this quantifiable)

So there you have it...perhaps I will think of some more in the coming days and add them in.  Till then, must log on to Livestrong.com so I can track my food!

2 comments:

  1. the water thing is good - I need to do that too. Also, the $5,000! I would like to do the same. And the half marathon thing... you can totally do that!!! Ask Carolyn Blue!!! She went from 2 miles beccause she "had to" to marathon woman!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck! And you know if you have questions about working out, you know who you can always turn to!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...