Thursday, January 20, 2011

Thoughts on Me

Since I was officially cleared today to work out, I naturally began thinking about getting back in there.  I think for both achieving my goals and for my overall sanity, I will begin going to the gym next week.  I think starting at three days a week is a good place...don't want to get too sore or tire myself out by overdoing it.
arielsfitnessjournal.com
 So, I asked Joe if I could have one hour three times a week starting on Monday.  Thinking I will go to the gym Mondays, Thursdays, and Saturdays...since those are the days that Joe generally doesn't have anywhere to be in the morning.  That's one hour that will be entirely mine.  It will be great to focus on getting a little bit of "me" back and just zone out.  After spending all day with Nash today, I realized that I need a break.

I would love to be one of those moms who says I can't be away from my child, but I'm just not.  It's not that I don't like being around him, it's just that I cannot hold him all day and all night like he wants.  But what am I supposed to do?  Let him cry when I don't come to pick him up?  I just can't seem to figure it out.  I'm tired.  And he fusses when he gets bored, which seems to be all the time.  It makes it really hard to get anything done or even just relax.  So I need some space.  Just a little.  Plus, I think it will do Joe some good to spend time with him, comforting him, without me.  I am always the answer and I am getting worn out. 

So, here is my general plan.  Gym three times a week doing a combo of cardio and weights.  Break down:
  • 20 minutes cardio (most likely the treadmill since I have to focus on passing the PT test)
  • 30 minutes weight training
    • Monday:  Full body
    • Thursday:  Lower body/abs
    • Saturday:  Upper body/abs
  • 10 minutes cool down and stretching
I also want to get back in the tanning bed since I am soooo pasty from DC and being pregnant.  Even though I know tanning is bad, I can't seem to let it go.  I just look so much better when I have a tan and no fake tan compares.  Plus it's cheaper to tan this way and I need to amp up for the summer (when I hope to resume my Sunday Beach Day routine like I used to do before DC).

3 comments:

  1. GTL!!!!!!! My favorite!! What if you did 60 min of circuit training with high intensity cardio moves between like plyo lunges, broad jumps, squat jumps, burpees, mountain climbers, skate hops, plyo push ups etc so you can do the full 60 ST but get your cardio in too? I would absolutely die if i could only spend 180 minutes a day at the gym. oh, and if you decide you wanna do extra, you could always look into the new mommy bootcamps and use Nash as your weight or bring him to Mommy And Me yoga classes, but he might need to be older for that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oops.. 180 minutes a week. although 180 minutes a day of working out does sound about right for me. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good ideas! I already do some cardio moves in between sets on my upper body and full body days (like jump rope, jumping jacks, bosu ball toes taps), but those are some other good ones. I try not to do too much else on my lower body day right now because I tend to be very sore already (since this is the part that is the most out of shape from pregnancy/not working out). Hoping to add more days as I get stronger and Joe gets more comfortable with the baby.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...