Thursday, January 13, 2011

Post Baby Body Adventure

As I slowly approach the six-week postpartum mark - that is, that magical date when one can return to working out - I stop to think about my strategies, goals, and worries. 

First and foremost, I am a little nervous about getting back in there.  I don't feel as though I am healing the way I should.  Not that I really know how I should be healing, but not quite the way I thought I would.  My doctor's appointment is set for the 20th, so hopefully I'll feel more confident by then or else I can ask her what she thinks.  I hope everything is ok and I can be reassured that starting up my workouts will be safe.  Funny I always thought I would be "sort of" working out by now and waiting for that appointment just so we could "get busy" again, but it's not that at all.   I just want to know I can move freely without fear.

So, what are my goals?  I think I have several, all of which I hope to accomplish simultaneously.  Here's the rundown:
  • Get under 130 lbs (this is my happy weight and I tend to hover between 130 and 138, so I want to try and get under 130 for a change).
  • Earn a 270 or better on my PT test scheduled for 6 months from my delivery date (so approximately June or so).
  • Run a half marathon by the end of the year (or early next year if there isn't a good one in the area before then)
  • Overall, tone up.  Better booty, better abs, stronger arms.  Do a pull up.  
Nothing that seems too demanding or out there, right?  I just really need to dedicate myself and make no excuses.  It's amazing how hard it is though when Joe doesn't work out.  I feel guilty taking time to go to the gym when he is able to maintain his body without any of that.  And now I will have to leave Nash...  But I must do this for myself.

Strategies are simple.  Work out.  And eat better.  I am already working on the eating thing, but there are still a lot of improvements to be made.

1 comment:

  1. Hey girly. I am here to cheer you on!!! If you want to try virtual training with me (to keep your booty motivated to get in the gym daily!) let me know!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...