Friday, May 20, 2011

Finding Time

Now that I am back at work, I find myself neglecting a lot of things (this blog included).  Yet there are so many things to talk about, share, discuss, remember...it's a shame.  So, I am going to make a more concrete effort to keep up with the blogs.

I recently got an iPhone as well, so will now be able to post on the go!  Previously I had a blackberry, which wouldn't do much more than allow me a 160 character SMS post, which is just not enough most of the time.  So I'm really excited to start using this mobile app and keeping everything up to date!

Image via

I am ending my third week of work now and I think it's getting easier as time goes on.  I had been having some thoughts about just quitting to stay at home with Nash, but Joe and I talked and decided against it.

We're going to move, people!  We're going to list our house for sale and jump ship for a nicer neighborhood.  Our's is just going down hill and will continue to degrade as time goes on.  So I don't want Nash running around with any of these kids, or going to these schools, and there's not even a park nearby!  We found some great houses already that are totally within our budget (the economy has made some incredible homes so affordable), so we're taking the next steps.  We have a realtor coming to the house today to do a sale assessment and tell us how much she thinks our house can go for...and what things we NEED to do to get our house sale ready.  We also have a guy coming to fix our column out front (big eye sore...cracked right down the front a while back), we have evaluated our finances to know what we can afford, and we're looking to purchase some very  large buckets of white paint (our house is some crazy colors).  So, it's all very exciting.  As much as I love our house...I hate it too.  I just want to start over...with a house that's OURS.  And decorate it the way WE want.  It's a lot of hodge podge right now and it's more work to undo what's been done to this house than it is to start over somewhere else.

So, long story short.  I have to keep my job.  We're going to put the house in my name (since I have great credit), so I have to have a stable income.  I was thinking too, if I am going to be a stay at home mom, I should do it when we decide to have another baby.  That way I can take care of both of them and it will be worth it...right now, we're totally making it work with the part time nanny and Joe covering all the other times.  Although I think he is a bit tired, he's been such a trooper.  Our days are crazy though.  Here's a typical schedule:

6:20 am - I'm up to go running or to the gym
7:00 am - we wake up the little man and I get ready for work
8:15 am - I'm out the door for work
8:15 am to 6:00 pm - Joe takes care of the baby (except when he works and the nanny comes)
6:00 pm - I get home from work and immediately smooch my muffin
6:00 to 6:30 pm - We walk the yard, play, hang out, talk about the day, smooch, etc...
6:30 to 7:00 pm - Baby bath time, bottle, reading Dr. Suess, snuggles, then bedtime
7:00 pm - I cook dinner
8:00 to 10:30 pm - Dishes/clean kitchen/, wash bottles, prep for work, take care of any household business, laundry, etc...
10:30 pm - Bedtime for me at least (although tired Joe has been falling asleep with me this week)

And then we start all over again.  Just typing it all out makes me tired.

Bottom line, we're busy.  And I don't get much time with my muffin...especially when I have drill on the weekend and I go two weeks without a day off (like this last weekend).  So home time is precious...but we both know we're suffering right now for a better future.  NEAR future!!



Top Baby, Daddy & Mommy Blogs on TopBabyBlogs.Com

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...