Monday, May 9, 2011

Our Little Farmer's Market


We have taken to growing a ton of stuff here at the DiPinto house.  I love the idea of growing our own fruits and vegetables since it means we save money at the grocery store, we know our stuff doesn't have a bunch of pesticides or anything on it, and it's fun too!  

Beefsteak Baby!
It all started with a small crop of basil I grew last year (that gave me so much basil I couldn't even use it all).  This year, we went full bore and decided to grow a bunch of different things.  Here's a rundown of what's growing out there right now:
  • Basil
  • Tomatoes
  • Papaya
  • Green Beans
  • Cantaloupe
  • Carrots
  • Spinach (not doing so great)
  • Dwarf Bananas
  • Chiquita Bananas
  • Muscadine Grapes (just bought!)
  • Oranges (have never given us fruit, erg...)
  • Mangoes
  • Avocados (hasn't sprouted yet...heard it can take 3 months)


Mango!!  It's growing like a champ!
We're also growing a bunch of new plants:


I can't wait for everything to grow and fruit, and I can make stuff with our bounty!  Our yard has become a mecca of yumminess, and I REALLY can't wait for the papayas, mangoes, bananas, and grapes (all of which are new projects this year).  Yum!!



Top Baby, Daddy & Mommy Blogs on TopBabyBlogs.Com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...