Monday, March 5, 2012

Growed Up

I'm reaching an interesting post in my, ahem, career as a blogger.  Although I have yet to really take off (like I don't get that many visitors or have sponsorship offers flooding my inbox), I feel like I'm growing and learning and might even end up making something of all this.

You see, I just ordered my first set of bloggie business cards.  I have cards for my full-time job, my Army job, and for when I network with other mommies, but I never really pinned down a concept for my self-employed professional cards.  Since I do a number of different things (i.e. blogging, graphic design, photography, writing, etc..), it's hard to bring all of those things together as one professional venture.  Basically, I didn't want to have a half dozen different business cards - one for each project.

Then, along came about.com.  Not the about.com that has all kinds of DIY information...as in the site you can publish how-to articles for.  No, about.me.  It's a site that basically just creates a page for you that houses links to all of your other sites...be they Twitter, Blogger, Flickr, or your own personal page.  I thought, GENIUS!  Now, I can have a landing zone for all my inquiries...and create a business card directing everyone there.  Even better, when you set up an about.me page, you get an offer for 50 free business cards from Moo.com!  And those cards come already equipped with a handy-dandy little QR code that leads potentials right to your about.me page.  Pretty freakin awesome, if you ask me.

image via moo.com


So I took some time to find an image (via Shutterstock), uploaded it, entered in all the deets, and BAM!  I've got 50 cards en route to my house...  Plenty of time left to beta test them before ordering a bunch in preparation for BlogHer 2012, which I am attending!

So, I've got websites, I've got business cards, I'm networking...

The future's so bright, I gotta wear shades.

2 comments:

  1. congrats on your first blogger cards! and i'm so jealous you're headed to blogher! i'll probably be laid up in a hospital bed giving birth... soooo, i probably won't make it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy - Awww, so exciting for you though! Given the choice to attend a conference or have another little muffin, I think I'd choose baby! Excited to read all about your preggo adventure!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...