Friday, November 26, 2010

Jewelry DIY

I am kind of in love with this blog called ...Love Meagan.  She takes a pic of her outfits and then tells you about all the pieces that she used.  She also alters a lot of her stuff and even creates a bunch of pieces herself AND shares the tutorials with you.

I had been dying to try some of her jewelry tutorials so I figured now or never.  The first one I wanted to try was her Pearl and Ribbon Necklace.  Here is a shot of her piece:
I decided to try mine using a slightly larger pearl and a sheer, organza ribbon.  It was quite tedious as I had to pull the pearls tight while trying to maneuver the needle and thread through the bunched up ribbon, but it turned out amazing!

I love that you can tie it at different lengths for different looks!  And I bet you can do this with other large beads and ribbon for a more edgy, less motherly look.

I also wanted to try her Knotted Ribbon Statement Necklace tutorial, so I bought a bunch of ribbon back when I bought my holiday items.  Here is a shot of her piece:

I think she used 5/8" and 7/8" ribbon for hers, but I accidently bought 5/8" and 3/8", so my design came out much smaller than hers.  I may go back and add some more ribbon to fill it out and make the overall design wider.  Here is the final product:

As a necklace
As a belt - the bump kind of hides it but you get the idea.
Overall, I am loving all of her ideas and cannot wait to try her Asymmetical Fur Vest tutorial.  I just need to find some faux fur I like...they had some at Hobby Lobby, but it was a bit crazy for me.  I really want a light cream-colored, feminine fur for mine, so keep your fingers crossed!

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...