Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Week 36 Update

We had another doctor's appointment yesterday so wanted to share all the details.  At 9:30 am, we had to check in for our growth ultrasound.  This was the one we moved from Orlando back to Cape Canaveral so we wouldn't have to drive as far just to see if he's a chunkster.  Of course, he was napping, but we did manage to get a few cute shots of his face. 
He has the cutest lips and the chubbiest cheeks!!  I can't wait to pinch and smooch them!

The ultrasound tech said he is still measuring large (at about 7 lbs), but that he's not abnormal in any way.  Basically, his head-to-abdomen ratio is fine, so there is no worry of shoulder dystocia (a sure fire way to a c-section).  Also, she said he is already practicing breathing (we could see his lungs moving up and down), so that may be a sign that he will decide to come early.  The actual doctor talked to us later and told us that although he is still measuring at the 90th percentile, he is not humungous.  So, since my weight, blood sugar, etc... are fine, we really don't have any worries.  He's head down and so everything is good.  And he clearly has his butt/feet up in my right ribcage, so no wonder I'm having so much pain on that side!

We had our actual OB appt that same day, so I was anxious to talk to her.  The last few weeks have been rather tough with the pain, difficulty walking/sleeping, etc... so I had some concerns.  I also wanted to see how much I weighed!  Boy, I was not prepared.  It looks as though I have gained about 29 lbs so far...which isn't bad, but it isn't what I'd hoped.  I was hoping to only 30 throughout the whole pregnancy, so if I gain any more I will be over that.  I know it's all for the baby, but I also know I have been eating way too much junk lately (I'm just always hungry).  I just can't wait to get it all off.

During the appointment, I asked if she could do an exam to see if anything was happening (since I've been having pain), but it ended up being sort of pointless.  She said that not only is my cervix still way in the back, but that it is a perfect 36 week cervix (so no dilation, none of that).  I figured, since he hasn't really dropped, I haven't lost the plug, etc...  And admittedly, it was more painful that I expected.  I have yearly female exams and thought it would be more like that, but it was a little rough.  So, not sure we will ask to do that every week, but I may...just because I'm curious. 


36 Week Belly
So our next appointment isn't until the 9th, which is the 38th week, so I hopefully we will have progressed by then.  I really want this baby out before Christmas, so we may decide to induce the week prior to his due date (to make things better for everyone), but I am hoping it all happens on its own.  I would love to experience the whole labor thing and not just show up and so ok, I'm ready.  But timing is everything. 

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...