Monday, November 29, 2010

Pregnancy Update

I realized that I have been blogging a lot lately about everything EXCEPT being pregnant, and that makes me a little sad.  I feel like I am constantly trying to find ways to distract myself from the fact that I am still pregnant and miserable, and I should be trying to enjoy all of this.

Truth be told, it's tough for me.  I know I don't really have a lot to complain about since this has been a pretty easy pregnancy, but I still feel like I'm just one of those people who don't naturally enjoy being pregnant.  Some do, I don't.  These last few weeks have been really tough...can barely sleep, can't ever get comfortable, can't breath, have heartburn...all I do is eat, sleep (try), pee, and complain.  I have so many pains.  I feel like I have abdominal pains (like cramps), vajayj pains, rib pains, kidney pains...  All so many kinds of pain.  And to top it off, I feel like a blimp...literally.  I am a bigger, fatter shadow of the girl I was when Joe and I first starting dating (or even from my wedding day) and it's rough on my mood. 

New Years 2008 - Dating for about 15 months
Even so, I am excited to be officially 36 weeks now.  We have another ultrasound and an OB appointment tomorrow morning, so hopefully we'll get some news.  We'll hopefully learn how big our little chunkster is.  We are also supposed to have our first "exam" tomorrow, so we'll see if there's anything going on down there.  With all this pain, I certainly hope there is something to show for it.  I haven't felt him drop yet and no loss of the "plug" as yet, so I think we are still a ways off.  Hopefully not too much though.   I have drill this next weekend though, so hoping I'm not too miserable.  Also hoping I can get out a little early on Sunday since we have our childbirth class AND have to get ready for the engagement party we got invited to.  Soooo busy and all I want to do is lie around.

Baltimore Harbor - Feb 2008
 To add to my mounting frustrations, I feel like nothing fits/looks good anymore.  I have had so much swelling in my feet that I can't really wear anything except my flip flops (which are not comfortable after so long) and a lot of the shirts I was wearing up till now are too tight/short.  This belly is mammoth!  I am interested to see how much I weigh, as I haven't stepped on a scale since my last appointment three weeks ago.  At that point I had gained 23 pounds, so we'll see.  I definitely have not been eating well, but I just feel so hungry all the time.  If I can make it through to the end only gaining 30 pounds, I will be happy.  And I am so happy that I don't have any stretch marks yet...here's hoping that continues through to the end.
Our Wedding Day - April 10th, 2010

2 comments:

  1. Hang in there! Its almost time and and soon you will be back to normal.I know exactly what you are going through. I never really enjoyed the pregnant part and like you mine was an easy pregnancy also. I felt huge, uncomfortable, mad and everything else. But it will all come to a finale soon and he will be the most handsome baby boy you have ever ever met.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That girl will be back before you know it!!! And when your 6 weeks, or however long until you can workout again, is up, I'll write you a congratulatory ab workout!!!! In the meantime, keep rubbing in the cocoa butter!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...