Friday, April 15, 2011

Baby Update

Well it's been a rough month, I'll tell ya.  Nash has taken to waking up on average 4 times a night.  He just can't seem to put himself back to sleep once he wakes up.  And he always cries out, so it's not even like I can let him hang out in there until he figures it out.  The last thing I want to do is to make him fearful that he will be left in the crib. 

That being said, I'm exhausted.  Joe's exhausted.  Nash was napping only 15 minutes at a time (30 at most), so he was taking 4-5 naps a day and then not sleeping well at night.  It was an awful, vicious circle.  I tried just about everything I could think of.  I reread "The No-Cry Sleep Solution,"  I read countless blogs and forums, googled just about every variation of "by baby won't sleep" as I could think of.  And nothing really worked.  I eventually had a meltdown the other day, and since then I have just let go.  It is what it is, as Joe says.  So, I wake up a lot.  And I'm up for good at like 6 am..not fighting for more time...just isn't worth it. 

So I know I said we were starting on the veggies and I would be updating how he was handling everything, but I've since cut out all food, including cereals.  I thought that maybe the introduction of cereal and his sleeping problem occurred at around the same time, so goodbye!  So will wait until at least 5 months before we add those back in.  Hopefully, we will have this sleep schedule figured out by then.

On another note, I took a job today.  It's not a great-paying job or anything, but it's familiar, fun, and damn...it's something.  I need to get out...I need to think and work and organize.  I need to breathe.  I think going back to work will make me a better, happier mama for Nash.  Joe and I just have to figure out the childcare issue.  We are hoping our neighbor's daughter will be available as she used to be a full-time nanny for a newborn.  And since she is right next door, it is so convenient for both of us.  Will keep you posted on how the whole thing pans out.

Top Baby, Daddy & Mommy Blogs on TopBabyBlogs.Com

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...