Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Back at Home

Ahhhh, how nice it feels.  Granted, I am tired and Nashie is not sleeping good these days, but I'd have tired over missing him any day.  Today we took this awesome 2 hour nap in the bed and it was so nice...took me back to the days when he was always sleeping with us.  He just sleeps so good when we're close by.  If only we could all sleep together forever...

So cozy we can't wake up
 I noticed the other day that his sweet blue eyes are changing!  We both have brown eyes, but my mama has blue eyes and his mama has green/hazel eyes, so we were both wondering when/if his eyes would change.  It's still too early to tell what color they will be, but I think blue is out of the question.  There is clearly a more hazely/brown coming in, so we'll see what happens.  I think he is going to end up like his mama...blonde hair and brown eyes.  And Daddy's tan skin...sweetness!

The whole pumping thing is still not going that great.  Now that he wants to take super short naps all the time, I don't always have time to pump, so I've only been managing 3 times a day.  Also, the pump just doesn't seem to get the milk out anymore.  It's great for getting it started, but nothing works as good as just squeezing it out manually.  But that's messy, and Joe made a comment today that maybe I am stretching out the skin that way.  My response:  What else am I supposed to do?  We women are supposed to sacrifice our bodies for babies, so it's either feed our baby as much breastmilk as I can manage or have perky boobs.  What is a girl supposed to do?!?   I still have the double pump I bought, in the box, as I was thinking I would return it.  But now I am wondering if I should try it.  I just don't want to open it up, try it, and find out it doesn't work any better than the single one I have...and then I won't be able to return it.  It was about $300, so that's a pricey risk to take.  ::sigh::  What to do...  Maybe I will try emailing the LLL, since I can't seem to make it to their meetings.

Also, NEED to work out and get my diet on track.  I feel so disgusting these days AND I know I need to get serious about this PT test.  I have a feeling I am just barely going to pass and that sucks.  It's just impossible to find time away until I find a babysitter.  Joe is just no help in working out time for me...he's got so many of his own things going on.

Top Baby, Daddy & Mommy Blogs on TopBabyBlogs.Com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...