Friday, April 15, 2011

Doing Good Things...

...for the Planet.  I mean, Earth Day is like only a week away and all.  So, we decided we should give cloth diapers a shot.  I had originally sworn off the idea because I couldn't imagine washing diapers in my washing machine, then washing towels I use to wipe my face, but I read so many good things about it that I can't keep denying its appeal anymore.

In particular, I read this post over on Dear Baby, which is one of my absolute favorite blogs and all-time favorite baby blog.  She details all the different kinds of diapers they tried and the pros and cons of each, in language that is really accessible.  Going off her recommendations, I bought an trial set of Gro-Via diapers, which she said used to be known as gDiapers.  I bought two outer shells (in the cutest orange and green colors) and a total of 6 soaker pads.  I figured that would be enough for us to try them out during the day when we are at home (we still intend to use disposables for nighttime and if we are out and about), and then we can decide if it is something that is for us. 

So cute!  Image via.
 So today was our trial run.  Since we could not yet commit to the spray attachment for your toilet that helps you rinse the solid waste off, we waited until he had his daily poop and then stuck one on him.  He looked soooo cute!  His little butt was so adorable, I couldn't stop patting it.

BUT HE GOT ME!  Lo and behold, I go to change him for his bath and Wham!  There's poop.  And not just any poop...poop that isn't the "shake it off in the toilet" kind.  I will spare you the details on what we had to do to clean it enough to throw it in the wetbag, but needless to say, we get why you need the spray attachment.  The kid hasn't gone twice in one day in FOREVER...leave it to him to pick this one time.  Little stinker.

Hybrid diaper with snap-in insert!  Image via.
Even so, I am liking it.  I like that it's good for the Earth...I like that it will save us money...I like that it may help him potty train sooner (boys are notoriously hard, I hear).  Overall, I like it.  Stay tuned!

Top Baby, Daddy & Mommy Blogs on TopBabyBlogs.Com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...