Friday, June 3, 2011

Up Close and Personal

What a long week.  I'm so glad to be at home finally and am gearing up for an amazing weekend with the fam.  I've missed my little muffin so much...it hurts to even think about it. 

Every night when I get home, Joe and Nash are waiting outside for me.  After I pull into the garage (while smiling and waving frantically...dangerous), I jump out and run to hug my little man.  I smother him with Mama kisses and then we go check the mail together.  It's become our daily ritual that propels me to get through the work day.  Then we spend a little time together (not much since he's usually pretty tired by the time I get home) before getting our baby bath, reading a bit, drinking some milk, then falling asleep in Mama's arms while she sings to us.  The life of a baby, let me tell you.
And every night I'm so sad to put him down...even though I am thankful to have a few minutes to unwind.  He's just too sweet...

In fact, I think he is so precious that I decided to enter him in the Gerber Baby contest.  Apparently a panel of judges will select one baby from all entrants (currently at 45,000) to be their next spokesbaby!  Also, you have to select what stage your baby is in (crawler, supported sitter, etc...) and one entrant from each category will win an iPad (people vote on these winners).  So I found the cutest photo ever and submitted it.
I cropped it nice and tight on his cute little face and thought, now there's a Gerber baby.  Only one problem.  Gerber said no way.  Apparently it's written in the rules that you can't enter a photo of a naked baby or one in a bathtub.  WTF. 


So now I have to catch another priceless smile like the one above...which is not easy since he gets so distracted by the camera these days.  Thank god I have until June 30th to enter.  WE NEED $50,000!  Next step will be to shamelessly promote said pic to earn as many votes as possible!!


More shameless promotion...pretty please?

Top Baby, Daddy & Mommy Blogs on TopBabyBlogs.Com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...