Thursday, June 30, 2011

Thursday Bits

So it's been a kind of crazy week...feeling a bit out of sorts these last few days, but I'm determined to get back on track.  It all started here...




 That's my silly self getting my hair done on Sunday.  I have gone to the same girl since I moved back from DC, so when I found out she was gone, I didn't know what to do.  Well, they said we have this guy Jeff available on Sunday.  I said, ok, sure I'll try it.  Big mistake.  It took the guy 3 hours and he hadn't even began to cut my hair (note:  it usually takes about 3 hours for color, cut, AND BLOWDRY).  I told him I just want to make it a little less maintenance by blending it with my natural color, but keeping some bold highlights around my face for when I have to play army and dress like a dude.  I told him we had done a pseudo-ombre style the last time, and he told me ombre would be more maintenance.  HUH?  First red flag.  Second red flag actually came first when he was late getting started with me because his previous client was unhappy.  Then he complained about her the whole time. 

Just so you know, this is what I looked like before.


Needless to say my hair turned out awful.  The color is super ashy (exactly what I said NOT to do), the cut is uneven because he only had a short amount of time left after the color, and I didn't even get a blowdry (had to go home to take care of Nash). AND it ended up costing me $170!  That's insane by itself, but when you add in how bad my hair looks, it's criminal.  And I don't want to go back to get it fixed because he obviously doesn't know what he's doing.  Here's an after shot so you can see...although it doesn't show how "dead" my ends look from the semi-permanent ash blonde he put over them.




In baby news, Nash has been spending time at his Grandparents house up in Viera while Daddy is at work.  He seems to be doing really well...no sign of any separation anxiety or anything like that, thank god.  He has even been taking good naps, which we were really worried about.  And every night after work I drive up there and his mom makes us dinner (bless her heart), then we hang out until he's tired and needs to go home.  It's nice. 

Yesterday they made the mistake of telling me they think Nash officially crawled.  I was like, oh no, he did not.  He did NOT crawl WITHOUT ME!!  lol...  We have a rule...he doesn't reach any milestones when I'm not around.  Even our nanny knows this...  So, a retraction was issued and we went on with the business of eating dessert.

I have a bunch of pics to post from last weekend and such, but have been busy every night so haven't had a chance.  So until then, here's a little something to tide you over.

Nashie playing with his piggie while watching Yo Gabba Gabba next to Mama

Top Baby, Daddy & Mommy Blogs on TopBabyBlogs.Com

1 comment:

  1. sorry about your hair - i hate hate hate when they do it all wrong and you still have to open up your wallet and pay for the crap!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...