Sunday, July 10, 2011

ESP

I have been thinking lately about the connection between Me and Muff. It often seems like we have this special Mama-baby link that allows us to be close even when we aren't. Let me explain.

At night, I am a fairly heavy sleeper, but I keep the video monitor next to my bed so I can check on him whenever I wake up. Often I will come out of a sleep cycle and wake up a bit... and then I will hear Nashie stir a few minutes later. It's as if we felt the other waking up, or maybe our cycles are perfectly aligned, or something. And nothing is better than looking into his sweet little eyes while he gulps down some milk illuminated only by the soft glow of his nightlight. It's our moment...



My husband is ever the realist and says, "Eh, you probably heard him stirring and it woke you up but you didn't realize it."

Shut it, honey.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...