Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Working It Out


I figured I would do a check in since it’s the start of my third week here at Army duty, so I have two good weeks of workouts behind me right now.  They say it takes two weeks for something to become a habit, so I’m just approaching that mile marker!!  Thank god, because I am so ready for this to get easier.  Not the workouts, per se, but just the getting up early and doing it part.  That was always my biggest issue…especially when I don’t HAVE to get up.
For the last two weeks, I have alternated a day of running (usually about 1.5-2 miles) with a day of circuits (which includes both strength training exercises and sprints).  I have also made sure to add in a day of yoga to combat the tight, sore muscles that always accompany a new training regimen.  This will be the first 5-day week I’ve had, so I’m excited to mix it up a bit.
 
My schedule for this week will be:
·      Monday – 2 mile run
·      Tuesday – Circuits with sprints
·      Wednesday – Yoga
·      Thursday – P90X Plyometrics
·      Friday – 2 mile run
To top it all off, I am running a 5k race with my civilian job this weekend, so I will be running, running, running!  My goal is to do at least one “race” each month of increasing intensity up until my big events, which I still have to register for.  But here is what I’m looking at:
·      July 23rd – Corporate 5k at Wickham Park
·      August 13th – Run for Pizza Football Kickoff 5k at Avenue Viera
·      September 17th – Long Doggers 5k Beach Run
·      October 28th – Pumpkins in the Park 5k in Cocoa Village
·      November 24th – Suntree Turkey Trot 5k
·      December 3-4 – 10 Mile Tough Mudder in Tampa (this is one of the big ones I’m really scared about)
·      February 26th – Disney Princess Half Marathon in Orlando
The only downside to all of this, of course, is the money.  If I do all of these events, it will set me back almost $350!  Seems like a lot just to run!  And the Tough Mudder seems pretty intense, so I’m nervous about that one (the website says you get dunked in freezing cold water and electrocuted…sounds like a party).  I need some serious motivation for that one…

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...