Saturday, July 16, 2011

Week in iPhone Pics #2

Since I loved snapping pics everyday and it seems to be a hit with the readers, I've decided to keep on with this Week in iPhone pics thing. What an awesome idea (note: I totally got the idea from Amy at A Good Life and we love linking up with her sweet blog).

So here we go:


Monday was a great day because it was the first day off I've had since the 4th of July!!  I was so excited to spend the whole day with my family.  Muffin spent the first part of the day in the jump-jump-jumper while I did some cleaning and daddy slept.  We paused for a quick pic before the three of us headed to Wally World for some essentials.

Joe and I were chatting in the kitchen later that day when we realized that Nash (who had been sitting on the counter in front of Joe) had grabbed hold of an overripe banana and immediately bitten into it!  He was busy swallowing the yummy stuff when we snatched the evidence out of his hand...thank god that thing was ripe!  Kid loves bananas...

The rest of the day was spent hanging with the grandparents who had come over to help Joe finish up my laundry room makeover.  SWEET!  Nashie and I hung out with Gammy while the boys worked.  We finished up with some takeout sushi and couch time before calling it a night.


Tuesday was another fine Army day...except I woke up 8 minutes before I was supposed to be in the car pulling out of the driveway.  So I hauled ass and made it out in 9 minutes (not too shabby).  I looked like hell, but I made it.  After a long, hot run I stopped for some stretches and a quick pic.  Notice the red face...yeah, it's genetic (thanks mom).

For lunch I went to Panera with my trusty mac to do some internet stuff (you can't do a lot of stuff on those Army computers)...it reminded me just how much I LOVE their Fuji Apple Chicken Salad.

That evening, I got all dressed up for my first Mom's Night Out!  A few of the girls from the Mommy Group I was in invited me out to the Melting Pot for fondue and martinis, and I couldn't say no.  I wish we had remembered to take a pic of the group though!


I spent all of Wednesday on the road (literally).  I drove an hour into Orlando, where I did a quick sprint circuit workout and some work before getting on the road again.  I had to drive up to Camp Blanding (3 hours away) to drop off some training DVDs.  Depressed that I had to drive by the outlets, I stopped at Burger King for a disgusting, but yummy lunch.  After CB, I had to drive out to St. Augustine to drop off some Public Affairs DVDs to Joint Force Headquarters.  What a nightmare that town is!  I mean, I'm sure it's great for tourists (only thing I saw was the fort...from an intersection), but the roads are tiny, there are bajillions of people, and it takes forever to get in and out of the damn town.

After arriving home 30 minutes late following my 8-hour driving spree, I spent some time with my little man (who decided to nap really late and woke up at 530).  He is totally obsessed with everything I eat now, so whenever I munch on crackers (which I did that night), he chases me around trying to steal my crackers.  So I gave him one, which he carried around for awhile, then crunched up and neglected.


Thursday found me doing yet another early morning run in the blazing heat.  I really need to find indoor workouts during the summer.  I kept busy all morning, then headed to the mall to get some lunch and pick up a new armband for my iPhone (yayyy for making workouts more awesome).  I snagged some Mango frozen yogurt on the way out too!

Today was the first day in about 3 weeks that Joe's parents were not there to help him (they had to trek back up to NJ).  So he spent the day with the Muff, who decided he did not want to take his afternoon nap (not good since Joe had to work late late late that night).  We did our usual playtime, try-to-steal-Mama's-cracker routine until I had an epiphany.   I had Joe get him some of the Baby Mum Mums I bought a while back and handed him his very own "baby" cracker.  He was over the moon.  He just sat there watching me chew while mimicking the motions.  He loved it.  And I got to eat my crackers in peace.


Friday I got to wear normal clothes to work - yayyyy!  Had to pick an outfit that was appropriately casual, yet professional, and cool enough to keep me from melting in the relentless heat.  I did the P90X yoga workout inside this morning, so that helped keep me cool too.

At lunch, I hit up Chipotle (bahahahahaha), then headed over to Michael's to waste the last 30 minutes of my lunch hour.  I scoured the clearance aisles and snagged two packs of cupcake liners, cool owl stickers, three awesome Martha Stewart permanent marker pens, and some cupcake stencils all for $9!

My drive home that night was awful.  It was literally a monsoon outside and I did not get above 40 miles an hour the whole way home (I usually go 80).  I was petrified (still scarred from car accident in March) and alternated between crying, being angry at the weather, and going all yoga-like and trying to relax.  To make matters worse, I ran over something.  Big.  And then I swore I smelled rubber.  So I thought I had a flat...  So I got out in the pouring rain... Twice...  After spending twenty minutes each time trying to find a place to pull over where I wouldn't get killed by a passing car or get stuck in the mud.  By the time I got home, I was a wreck.  Shaking and stiff and crying.  Thank god I had my little man waiting for Mama hugs, so it didn't take too long for me to recover.

Linking up with Amy at A Good Life...




Top Baby, Daddy & Mommy Blogs on TopBabyBlogs.Com

1 comment:

  1. mmmm, fro-yo & panera! i am hungry after this. and feeling like i need to go for a run. so happy you linked up :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...