Friday, September 30, 2011

Week in iPhone Pics #10

This week has been kind of a downer, as I'm sure you know if you read my last post.  So it was tough to remember to take pics...or rather I just didn't feel like there was too much worth photographing other than Bubs, so he fills up most days.  I know you are disappointed.  In case you want to join in on the fun, check out Amy's page...link up, even if you only take one pic.


The highlight of Monday was the Mall, as usual.  This time grammy and grampy (the in-laws) joined us so it was super special.   There weren't too many kiddos, so Nash had the run of the place.  He digs anything that he can grab on, which includes those abacus-looking toys.  I made him pause for a Mama-Nashie pic before he walked crawled off to the spaceship.  Captain Nash, we're ready for takeoff!


Tuesday began with a hellish sales meeting which ended with me using today's hot shot technology (aka my iPhone) to immortalize a moment in time (aka take a pic of the notes so I wouldn't have to copy them down).  Can you guys understand any of that gibberish??  Yeah, me neither.

At lunch I ran to Target to pick up a few essentials (aka new sunnies to replace my dead, but not forgotten D&Gs).  I've been on this health kick this week (aka no sweets whatsoever), so my afternoon snack featured PB2, which is this awesome peanut butter replacement my friend Kyra from thegetinshapegirl.com introduced me to.  They take peanut butter and squeeze all the oil out until all that's left is powder.  Then you reconstitute it with plain water and BAM!  You have low fat/low cal peanut butter...and it's damn yummy, folks.  Try it.  And check her out..she has awesome recipes.


Wednesday I went to Orlando to cover a Bronze Star award presentation, but my regular boss wondered if me - the girl with waaaay too many clothes - could possibly be in the Army.  So I took a pic to prove it him!  Take that Pete!  I hit up Chipotle for lunch (duh), then headed home to squeeze my Bubs.  Before dinner, I sorted through all of my Army stuff for an inspection this weekend, so our house looked like a camo bomb went off.

We got all dressed up for dinner and headed to our favorite sushi place to have one last dinner with the Jersey DiPinto's before they head back up north.  For all inquiring minds, I ate a thai salad (think peanut dressing), edamame, and a special roll of tuna and avocado rolled up in thin cucumber slices (no rice).  Yum.

Our bath that night was monumental.  It was the first night we let him take a bath without his seat.  And although it was a challenge because he wanted to stand up the whole time (and is still a bit wobbly, especially in a tub of water), he had so much fun.  Especially where the bubble blower was concerned.


I was in a baaaaaad mood on Thursday, but moments with the little man kept me going.  At lunch, he decided to show off his independent side by kicking back and putting his feet up in the high chair while we ate lunch at the mall.  After work, we spent some time playing, lying on the floor, and posing for pics in between putting Bo-Bo (his favorite stuffie) inside the new toy box and taking him back out.  Thanks for the pick me up, love.


Friday I decided to embrace my inner hippy (I am from Colorado, after all) and rocked a sweet little headband.  Well that headband got me called "Jenny" (from Forrest Gump) and a few other choices names all day.  One girl even tossed out a, "Uh, the 60's called, they want their headband back."  Meh, they're just not risk takers.

I made Bubs dinner that night (mini pizza and green beans), but he decided he would rather eat his weight in mandarin oranges.  This HAS to be my kid.  We made funny faces and even had an emotional breakthrough.  Nash was playing by the entertainment stand when I stuck out my hand to help him walk.  He ignored my assistance and took four steps towards me!!  And THEN he changed directions and took FOUR MORE STEPS!  I totally shed some tears and swore I wasn't ready for my baby to walk yet.

That was our week...with October coming up the weeks are sure to get super exciting, so keep tuning in...and if you like us, well then follow us.  It's easy, it means a lot, and we won't send you spam or any of that uncool stuff.

Top Baby, Daddy & Mommy Blogs on TopBabyBlogs.Com

1 comment:

  1. I love that headband! So cute. And yay for walking babies! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...