Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Here We Go...

It all starts like this...


Mama: No, baby, you can't play with Mama's camera, ok?
And then things get ugly...


This has pretty much been the scene at our house the last few weeks.  All of a sudden, our super sweet little boy has turned into a screaming, crying ball of tantrums.  It doesn't really matter what it is, if he wants it and we don't give it to him, he gets upset.  Even worse is that he's starting to freak out whenever we leave the room.  Doesn't matter if the other one of us is still in the room with him, he screams.  Diaper changes?  Forgeddaboutit. 



My mom and I have adopted a strict playbook for dealing with these kinds of incidents.  Stand your ground.  He doesn't usually freak out for too long, but it can be a bit painful.  Hubs on the other hand seems to be of the mindset that as long as it won't hurt him, let him have it.  So tensions are running high in the DiPinto household.  I've been doing my due diligence as a mommy and reading all over the internet about when is this supposed to start, how long do they go through this "phase,"  what's the best and worst ways to deal with it.  And I got nothing.  Just like all the other mommy things I've googled in my short 10 months with child, the range of "helpful ideas" is so broad, you might as well just form your own opinion anyways.

The last few days the tantrums have seemed to taper off a bit, so I don't know if he was just feeling sick or moody or what.  But I'm so glad I don't have to reprimand this little face as much.


For now.

Top Baby, Daddy & Mommy Blogs on TopBabyBlogs.Com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...