Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Impromptu Photo Shoot

When we did Nash's last birthday post, we knew his outfit was too cute to just take one pic.  So we headed outside to find some cool backdrops.
This is my first attempt at a more formal photo shoot following my first ever photography class last week, and let me tell you...my hat is off to the pros.  I have no idea how they get kids to look at the damn camera!  I was whistling, snapping my fingers, yelling "Nashie", making laser sounds, you name it!  More often than not, this is what I got...


Cute, but not quite was I was hoping for.  And there was no way he was gonna sit there and let me take pics.


Check out his sweet, er, checked shoes...


This one is my favorite...because he has been making this face NONSTOP for the last two weeks.  He has figured out how to blow some serious raspberries, drool flying and everything!  Too bad I didn't catch that on film...

What do you think?  I know I need to find some better backdrops...but baby steps.  This time I really hunkered down on composition, lighting, and focus.  Trying to apply some of the tips I learned in class and I get my $45 worth! Click To Vote For Us @ Top Baby Blogs Directory!

2 comments:

  1. I am loving the outfit!!!! Too cute!!!! I think you are really doing great with your photos, although you have always taken great photos!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww thanks! It's always a work in progress...and practice, practice, practice! Your pics are lookin' good these days too!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...