Wednesday, November 2, 2011

My 30-Before-30


image via

I have heard a lot about these kinds of lists, and I thought it would be great to put one together!  In case you haven't heard about it, the gist of it is to compile a list of all the things you want to do/experience/accomplish before your 30th birthday.  Some people do them right after they turn 20 and give themselves a decade (their lists usually have more difficult goals on them), but a lot of people do what I'm doing - they make their list the day after they turn 29 in an effort to make their last year as a 20-something more meaningful and productive. 

Basically, I just want to make sure I don't turn 30 and say, gee, I wish I had done that in my 20's.  So, without further ado...here is my list:

  1. Run a half-marathon
  2. Start a retirement account
  3. Get paid for photography  (one photo, one session, whatever...)
  4. Sew an outfit I'd wear in public
  5. Take Nash to see the snow
  6. Bake and decorate a multi-layer ombre cake
  7. Capture a great "fireworks" photo
  8. Take part in a haunted house
  9. Go on a big family vacay
  10. Visit a foreign country (kind of a gimmee since my unit is going to Japan in Jan)
  11. Start a business
  12. Get paid to design something (biz cards, flyers, logos, invitations, whatever...)
  13. Take a real roadtrip somewhere new and random
  14. Can something I grow or make myself
  15. Try bikram yoga
  16. Begin composting
  17. Kick my sugar habit
  18. Set up and maintain a photo archive system
  19. Do a mud/fun run with a group of friends
  20. Go on an adults-only cruise
  21. Complete a 30-day photo challenge
  22. Buy a new house (near a playground)
  23. Master the perfect sourdough bread recipe
  24. Start a family tradition
  25. Perform a full pull-up unassisted (might be easy for some, but I've never been able to do it)
  26. Meet Giuliana Rancic and tour the E! Networks building (ok, this may be dreaming)
  27. Build Bubs a sand box from scratch (no plans, no kits)
  28. Donate 10 hours of time to either a kids' charity or an animal shelter
  29. Learn how to swim
  30. Have an awesome 30th birthday party
Ok, there it is, people.  In black and white.  Guess that means I have to stick to it, huh?  This is harder than New Year's Resolutions!!  Wish me luck!
Click To Vote For Us @ Top Baby Blogs Directory!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...