Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Wordless{ish} Wednesday

This week's WW post is dedicated to families.  Mine, in particular.  You see, we gathered together on Sunday to take our very first holiday card ::cue dramatic music::.  Nothing rubs the smile off a kid faster than taking them to a fun new place (like a park right next to a playground full of screaming kids), making them sit on your lap, and shoving a camera in their face.
::sigh::

Why do we even try...

And it's much harder when you have this vision of the perfect holiday picture in your head...something like this maybe:


image from Pinterest via

Perfect family, perfect outfits, perfect shot.  Now I know what you're thinking...why set yourself up for disappointment when it's obvious this is an amazing picture and you're not even going to a professional photographer.  Well, I have no other defense than to just say I had high hopes.  My friend Tiffany was going to take our pictures (in exchange for her own family photo sesh), but then had to cancel.  So Joe's mom stepped in.  After a quick little lession on my camera, we were ready to go.  Only this is what the majority of the pictures ended up looking like:



or this:

In my defense, some d-bag playing frisbee golf just tried to take over our shoot location...hey pal, we were here first.

Even so, we did manage to sneak out a few ::extra emphasis added:: good ones.  So, since my Shutterfly Groupon thing expired today, and there was no time for a second shoot, pics were chosen and holiday cards were ordered.  We may still attempt another shoot to try to get something else for the canvas collage in his nursery, so I'll keep you posted.

All I'm saying is, thank god for Photoshop.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...