Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thanks

It's time to reflect...

One year ago today I was seriously pregnant...wishing that for just one day I could see the bones in my feet again, or sleep on my back, or be able to eat sitting up.  It was cold out, and I was wrapped up in leggings, comfy tunics, and the only pair of boots I had that fit (don't kid yourselves, I had to buy a 9.5 to have something - anything that fit).  I was past the point of wistfully dreaming about my little boy's face or wondering what he would smell like...I was just eager to get him the hell out!

35 Weeks and Wearing Thin

One year later, I'm a mommy...and a wife of more than 18 months.  And I'm back at work...in radio...with a lot of the same great people.  My in-laws are in town, my mom is staying with us, and the weather is beautiful.  There's a lot to be thankful for.  Here's my (not all-inclusive) list:

1.  My amazing, supportive, sexy husband (who's also the most endearing, protective father).
2.  My sweet, smart, strong baby man...who constantly challenges me to do more with less.
3.  The rest of my family - for being healthy, available, and uplifting. 
4.  My job - this time last year I had just passed 12 months of unemployment and was beginning to wonder if I would ever find a job.
5.  My body - for making it through pregnancy with minimal permanent damage.  And for being healthy and reminding me every day that I need to take care of myself if I am to take care of others.
6.  My friends - for making me laugh, being there when I need to vent, and for sticking with me as our lives begin to follow possibly different paths. 
7.  My brain and education - for always being something I can fall back on as the looks start heading south!
8.  Jessica Simpson - for making the cutest, most comfortable - yet affordable shoes.  <--- had to

While that's not everything I'm thankful for, it's a nice starting list.  Note to self:  must read daily and avoid the pitfalls of negativity. 

The last photo of Bubs before we met face to face...taking on November 29th, 2010.

2 comments:

  1. oh my goodness! and you should be thankful for looking that amazing at 35 weeks! so cute :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...