Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Week in iPhone Pics #16

This post is a few days late, but you know what...it was Thanksgiving, I had 4 days off in a row, and I just wanted to kick back with the fam and just get sh*t done, you know?  No blogging...shoot, we barely turned the tv on!  Our house looks great, we got some shopping done, and I was recharged for work Monday morning.  So, as usual, we're linking up with Amy and sharing our week!  Here we go!


Monday I drove up to Daytona Beach bright and early to welcome my old unit back from D.C.  I got to play media for the day, got to see old friends, AND I got paid for it!  After the welcome home ceremony was over, my friends and I hit up this beach front restaurant.  We reminisced, enjoyed the sea breeze, and ate french fries.


Tuesday was a hectic day at work thanks to a minor debacle with our Thanksgiving Feast turkey (one word:  frozen).  So the only photographable moment of the day was the beautiful sunset on my ride HOME from work.


Wednesday was my last day of work before the holiday, and thanks to the way radio works, there wasn't much to actually work on (everything is due the day before so traffic can schedule and merge logs).  So I took the opportunity to clean up my desk, ordered our holiday cards (thank you Shutterfly Groupon deal), and made sure everything would be ready to go for Monday when I came back to work. 

Joe had to work that night (Chippendale debacle!!), so Nash and I just hung out at home.  We watched a Christmas movie while sitting in the toy box and wolfed down some mini tuna sammies and grapes.


Thanksgiving started out bright and early with the Suntree Turkey Trot 5k at 8:30 in the morning.  It was the first 5k Bubs and I did together, so I was really proud when we completed the race at a 10:25 pace.  I have to admit though, my shoulder was a bit sore the next day from trying to guide the stroller with one arm (I don't have the swiveling front wheel).  But we had a good time and even shared a post-race apple.

That afternoon, we headed over to the in-laws' to celebrate Thanksgiving.  Bubs got to have his first Thanksgiving meal complete with turkey, stuffing, and cranberry sauce.  After dinner, Bubs played with Grandmom, sat with Daddy, and even got to test out his birthday present (he mastered the button in just a few minutes)!


We decided to brave the Black Friday crowds this year, so we hit up Toys R Us and Best Buy around 9 am (not too early, but it was still insane).  After a quick nap and a milk recharge, we headed up Viera to check out Old Navy and the Super Target.  All that shopping required yet another recharge, so we wolfed down some cheese and a PB&J smoothie (Nash chugged it like a champ!)...


Saturday Joe spent the day dealing with our new sofa issue (pick up, drop off, rearranging), so Bubs and I got to spend some time together.  We hit up the park where Bubs played with all the non-toys and sat quietly sipping juice.  Took a miracle to get him over to the playground to actually play, but once we did, he was happy as all get out! 

Daddy worked that night too (4 mights in a row!!), so we ate spaghetti and green beans in the living room before cruising the room diaper-only style.  After putting Nash to bed, I sat down to watch old Kardashian episodes, fold all our clean laundry (I love laundry), and enjoy a glass of wine.  Not a bad Saturday, even if Joe couldn't be there with us.

So that's our week...it was pretty crazy and hectic, but it was full of fun too.  We seriously crammed a ton of things into 7 days and I showed up at work on Monday feeling accomplished and refreshed.  Every week should be a 3-day work week!



2 comments:

  1. whoa, how'd you do the fisheye lens lookin pics on monday? those are awesome. looks like a good week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a magnetic lens set that I found on Pinterest (of all places) and my BFF from college got them for me! Here's the link:

    http://photojojo.com/store/awesomeness/cell-phone-lenses/

    Only downside is that when the lenses are on (they attach via this tiny magnetic ring), you can't use your flash. So well-lit shots only... But it's pretty sweet and only $50 for all 3!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...